About Our District
Providing a Quality Education: Every Student! Every Day!
Nadaburg Unified School District
With approximately 1,000 students across 2 physical K-8 campuses, 1 high school program, and one online school, the Nadaburg Unified School District (NUSD) has been a premier choice for Pre-K through grade 12 public education for more than 100 years. Located northwest of the metropolitan Phoenix area, the District serves the educational needs of students and families in the Morristown, Surprise, and Wittmann areas. A highly experienced, professionally certified teaching staff fosters a diverse and rigorous educational environment to develop the potential in every individual learner.
NUSD's schools consist of two K-8, one high school, and NOVA (Nadaburg Online Virtual Academy) an online school. Offering gifted learning, special education, STEM education, and a variety of athletics, enrichment programs, and clubs, NUSD provides the rich environment today’s students need to explore their interests, develop important social skills, and grow into tomorrow’s leaders.
Commitment to Education
Cognitive Instructional Coaches support teacher growth and learning.
Reteach and Enrich learning time to provide a stronger foundation of learning.
Student Achievement Teachers assist struggling learners make educational growth.
Push-in and pull-out programs provide additional support for special education, ELL, and under-achieving learners.
Extensive before and after school programs promote student learning and engagement.
Data-based professional development that is meaningful, purposeful, and engaging.
A variety of technology devices support learning, including desktops, laptops, Samsung Tablets, document cameras, and interactive projectors.
STEM-focused programs with 3D printing, virtual reality, rockets, robotics, forensic science.
Today, Nadaburg Unified School District covers 154 square miles of Northwest Maricopa County. The district serves both rural and urban communities. Surprise is a typical suburban area with a population of over 100,000; while the town of Wittmann and its surrounding area offers rural living and a population of less than 10,000. In 1920, William Hovey Griffin settled his family in what is now
known as Wittmann. When he moved his family into a larger structure (right where Grand Avenue is now) he donated the original home site to the Maricopa County School District. Early in 1921, the School District built a permanent structure which, in those days was painted white. The original building was damaged by fire in 1926, and was rebuilt, becoming the building that is commonly known as 'The Little Red School House'. The Little Red School House is still operational as it currently hosts our monthly governing board meetings.